My Random Thoughts

Monday, July 23, 2018

Battle of Fear & Doubt

My heart was greatly awed
By time with God.
It strengthened and calmed me.
Time I lessened,
Now cause of armor weak
And wounds so deep.
Smothering newfound joy,
Doubts do deploy,
Path of decay and blight.
I pray and fight
Against worms of fear twined
That burn my mind

Love was my center light.
My heart took flight,
First for my Good Shepherd,
Ever treasured,
Second for love's chosen,
Pure and golden.
Seeds of doubt have appeared.
Light disappeared.
This evil thing so slick,
With branches thick,
Distorteth my deep thoughts
Toward fear and loss

When I look long and hard,
Beyond what's marred,
Beyond the fear and doubt,
Loves found devout.
When I hold his hand tight,
The light shines bright.
The doubt begins to fade
No more afraid
Though the times I let go
Then fear does grow
With darker intention
And destruction.
 
             ~Shannon G. Hawley~
               

No comments:

Post a Comment